(Some people of note who were born in Lockport, NY)
- Alexis, Kim, supermodel
- Campbell, Helen Stuart, social reformer and home economist
- Fraser, Ferrin, radio script writer for Little Orphan Annie and Frank Buck
- Gregory, LtCol William G, astronaut(ret.) in the NASA Space Shuttle program
- Marsh, Othniel Charles, pre-eminent 19th century paleontologist, discovered and named many fossils found in the American West.
- McVeigh, Timothy, Terrorist involved in the Oklahoma City Bombing.
- Miller, William E., 1964 vice-presidential running mate of Barry Goldwater
- Miller, Stephanie, nationally syndicated radio talk show host (and daughter of William E. Miller)
- Morgan, William G. inventor of volleyball
- Oates, Joyce Carol, author and professor
- Raskob John J., DuPont and General Motors executive
- Wahlstrom, Mark, founder of The Legal Broadcast Network
- Yates Brock, noted automotive writer and author, former Sr. Editor of Car and Driver Magazine, wrote story and scripts for the movies Cannonball Run, and Smokey & the Bandit 2.
(Some people of note who resided in Lockport, NY)
- Beck, Raphael 1848–1947, Internationally recognized American artist/sculptor.
- Giuliano, Geoffrey Author, actor and syndicated radio host.
- Harrison, Herbert C. sometimes credited with the invention of the modern honeycomb automobile radiator and founder of Harrison Radiator, now a part of General Motors' components division.
- Holly Birdsill, Inventor; credited with inventing the first integrated fire hydrant system along with 150 U.S. patents
- Hopkins, Jr., Mark 1813–1878, Lawyer and Businessman who lived in Reynolds Basin (east of Gasport in Niagara County) and later Lockport from ABT 1829 to ABT 1848 . He eventually became one of the "Big Four" of California (i.e. The Central Pacific Railroad) with partners Stanford, Crocker, and Huntington that formed in 1861.
- Kenan, Jr., William Rand 1872–1965, Industrialist and Philanthropist
- Marsh, O.C. Paleontologist.
- Mossell, Aaron Albert First African American to graduated from the University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Olcott, Chauncey, American stage actor and songwriter, known for the Ballad When Irish Eyes Are Smiling. Olcott spent summers as a youth in Lockport in an "Irish Shanty" with his maternal grandmother.
- Peterson, Charles Gilbert, Former mayor and contractor.
If you know of someone who was born or resided
in Lockport, NY that we missed please email us.
(click on ? to left to email us your addition)